Over the years, the F.W. Sims process has evolved to make it as efficient as possible for our clients. Our process includes:
Practice Makes Perfect
• Staff of full time Estimators with an average of 20 years’ experience
• Most recent Estimator has been with us for 12 years
• Cover all aspects of project estimating from take-off to buy out
• Done by the partnership. Assisted by estimating and project management. Philosophy is that a team is stronger than an individual. We follow that not only with our clients, but with our network of subcontractors and vendors as well.
• Several full time Project Managers with over 15 years of experience.
• Highly experienced and professional in all aspects from inception to final closeout.
• In-house full time drafters all trained in the latest technology for mechanical design, including 3D and BIM.
• Cover all aspects of drafting from coordination to as-builts.
• Fabrication shop opened in 2000.
• Constantly being upgraded and expanded to serve all in-house needs. Gives F.W. Sims the ability to process high volume of fabrication with an equally high level of quality control and assurance.
• All labor is Local 638 Steamfitters.
• Vast majority of labor has been with us for more than one project with a core of steamfitters with us for decades.
• We consider the safety of our labor as our highest and most important responsibility.
• The investment we put into our labor is an investment in a high quality product for our clients.
• Our service company, F.W. Sims Mechanical Services, LLC, together with our project management team, handles all start up and commissioning on our projects as well as serving all of the project’s technical and troubleshooting needs.
• Handled on a cooperative basis between Project Management and F.W. Sims Mechanical Services, LLC.